Evan Williams 1783 Bourbon Review [In Depth]
Evan Williams 1783 Bourbon
Evan Williams 1783 Bourbon Details
Distillery: Heaven Hill
Type & Region: Bourbon, Kentucky, USA
Composition: 78% corn, 10% rye, 12% barley
Aged: 6-8 years
From the company website:
Evan Williams 1783 Small Batch honors the year that Evan Williams founded Kentucky’s First Distillery. Pulled from fewer than 300 barrels, this extra-aged small Batch Bourbon won the 2019 Consumers’ 2019 SIP Award.
Evan Williams 1783 Bourbon overview
- Evan Williams Black Label – surprisingly good for $10-15 (Mid Shelf)
- Evan Williams Bottled in Bond – even better for $18-20 (Mid Shelf+)
- Larceny – a fantastic wheated bourbon for $25 (Mid Shelf+)
- Evan Williams Single Barrel – used to be a high quality and easy to find bourbon for under $30 before it became a Kentucky-only release (Mid Shelf+)
- Elijah Craig Small Batch – would be my affordable go-to for $25-30 (Mid Shelf+)
Evan Williams 1783 Bourbon smell
Evan Williams 1783 Bourbon taste and aftertaste
Evan Williams 1783 Bourbon Rating
I have far too much fun writing about whiskey and singlehandedly running The Whiskey Shelf to bring you independent, honest, and useful reviews, comparisons, and more. I’m proudly Asian American and can speak Cantonese, Mandarin, and some Japanese.There are no sponsors, no media companies, and no nonsense. Support The Whiskey Shelf by Buying Me A Shot.
Shattered glass really sucks, so if you’re on the move, this Glencairn-like stainless steel snifter glass should survive your travels. Full transparency, this is an Amazon affiliate link, so I may earn a commission if you buy this or something else from Amazon.